Taking Care Of The Estate
When it comes to administering a trust, working with a skilled attorney is crucial. An experienced attorney whom you can trust will ensure that the beneficiary receives the assets in the trust according to the wishes of the trustor.
At the Law Offices of Linda J. MacKay, our attorney can act as a trustee or assist trustees with trust administration. Our experience speaks for itself. For two decades, we have built close bonds with our clients as we guide them through trust administration.
How We Can Help You
A living trust or other types of trusts make the passing of an estate at death, less expensive and time-consuming than any other method. However, there are still important issues to address when someone passes away – even when the successor is the surviving spouse.
Some of the critical, time-sensitive issues are:
- Notification of beneficiaries and heirs
- Asset valuation, including establishing the tax basis of assets
- Obtaining real estate appraisals and estate valuation
- Making tax elections and filing an estate tax return, if needed
- Preparation and recording of an affidavit of death to remove deceased from title to real estate property and financial accounts
As an experienced estate planning law firm, the Law Offices of Linda J. MacKay can shoulder these issues or assist you with them. We will ensure that every step is completed correctly and as quickly as possible.
Do You Need To Administer A Trust? Get A Free Consultation.
Your living trust is an important part of your estate plan, and you need comprehensive, compassionate help with the administration process. We provide free initial consultations. Contact us at 408-379-9600 or send an online message to schedule your initial consultation.